Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miguel Cotto's rude dogs threw 'El Gato' Figueroa out the window

Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao Latest News from examiner.com Fri, 16 Oct 2009

Frankie “El Gato” Figueroa expected to be employed in Miguel Cotto’s Tampa training camp for one month.

But, after one week of sparring with the Boricua Banger in preparation for Cotto’s Nov. 14 showdown with Manny Pacquiao, the Bronx resident got the Donald Trump phone call.

After four day sparring days, comprising only 16 rounds, Figueroa got the axe.

“I’m still insulted by this, insulted professionally.” Figueroa told me Thursday morning. “I did nothing wrong down there in Tampa. I had no problems with anybody. I did my running and I went to the gym every day. I was there to work, to help Miguel and to sharpen up for my upcoming bout.

“I’m not sure who it was in the camp. I was at the Westshore Hotel, staying with the other sparring guys, and a guy called me and basically told me, ‘You’re fired.’

“I had just sparred four good rounds with Miguel the day before, on Monday. I’m still a little pissed about this as I got no reason, no explanation, no nothing. They got me a flight and I bounced back to New York.”...

Read Full Story...

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Ferrari Cars. Powered by Blogger