Saturday, October 17, 2009

Gato Figueroa Reacts to Cotto Camp Expulsion

Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao Latest News from philboxing.com Fri, 16 Oct 2009

As was reported Wednesday by BoxingScene.com's T.K. Stewart, Miguel Cotto has sent Francisco "El Gato" Figueroa home after just a week of sparring at his Tampa, FL training camp. Three days later, the former NABF junior welterweight champion Figueroa still doesn't know why.

According to the 20-3 (13 KO) Figueroa, he got a call at approximately 10:30 PM Monday night after his fourth sparring session with Cotto from an unidentified Cotto rep asking if everything was OK in camp. When he asked why he was curious, the caller replied, "Because they're sending you home."

"Everybody was shocked," says Figueroa. "My job is to spar and for them to not tell me why, it's wrong. I know a lot of thing are wrong in boxing but damn.

"The only way I would send people home is if they weren't giving me the right kind of work. If they were just in there to run around the ring and only in it for the money, I wouldn't want them. Also if I was beating them up too much...

Read Full Story...

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Ferrari Cars. Powered by Blogger